Thai Embassy in Austria

Thai EmbassyThe Thai Embassy in Austria is located in Vienna. The ambassador is Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha. The Thai embassy can issue you a Thai visa if you wish to visit Thailand as a tourist. If you want to retire in Thailand then a retirement visa will allow you to live in Thailand if you are over the age of 50. If you have family in Thailand such as a child or Thai wife then you can apply for a marriage or family visa.

Thai Embassy in Austria

 There are a number of Thailand visa options. We have listed the contact numbers below as well a map the the Embassy. The Royal Thai Embassy in Austria is the official representation of the Kingdom of Thailand in the country. It is located in the heart of Vienna, Austria’s capital city, and is responsible for strengthening the relations between Thailand and Austria.

The embassy provides a wide range of services. Likewise including consular and visa services for Austrian citizens and foreigners residing in Austria who wish to visit or live in Thailand. The embassy’s consular services include the legalization of documents, assistance with Thai passport applications and renewals, and assistance with emergency situations involving Thai citizens in Austria.

The embassy also plays an important role in promoting Thai culture, art, and tourism in Austria through various cultural events and exhibitions. It actively participates in cultural exchange programs between Thailand and Austria, such as the annual Vienna Festival and Thai Festival, which showcase Thai music, dance, food, and handicrafts.

The embassy’s commercial section assists Austrian businesses and investors who are interested in doing business in Thailand. It provides information on investment opportunities in Thailand, trade regulations, and market trends. The embassy also collaborates with the Austrian government and business organizations to promote trade and investment between the two countries.

The Royal Thai Embassy in Austria serves as a bridge between Thailand and Austria, fostering mutual understanding, cooperation, and friendship between the two nations. Its dedicated staff works tirelessly to provide excellent services to the Thai community in Austria and promote Thailand’s image as a friendly and welcoming country.


Royal Thai Embassy in Austria


Thai Embassy in Austria


Thai Embassy in Austria
Cottagegasse 48, A-1180 Vienna
Consular Section / แผนกกงสุล:
Mon. - Fri. / จันทร์ - ศุกร์ 09.00-12.00 hrs.
ALL SERVICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY / เฉพาะการนัดหมายล่วงหน้าเท่านั้น
For visa & legalisation appointment:
Answering Consular Inquiries via Telephone
Mon. - Fri. / จันทร์ - ศุกร์ 14.00-17.00 hrs.
Consular Section Tel. +43 (0) 1 4783335 19 / +43 (0) 1 4783335 21
เบอร์ฉุกเฉิน : + ๔๓ (๐) ๖๖๔ ๙๙๙ ๐๔๒๔ (กรณีคนไทยตกทุกข์เท่านั้น)
Office Tel. +43 (0) 1 4783335 (non-consular inquiry only)
Fax. +43 (0) 1 478 3335 30


Consular Representatives (Honorary) 


Honorary Consulate-General of the Kingdom of Thailand, Bratislava
Address: Viedenská cesta 3 – 7, 851 01 Bratislava
Phone: +421 2 6727 2124
Fax: +421 2 6241 1838
Business hours: We 10.00 – 12.00 (General Public); We 14.00 – 16.00 (Travel Agency)
Special appointment is possible in emergency case.
Honorary Consulate-General of the Kingdom of Thailand, Ljubljana
Address: Barjanska cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana
Phone: +386 31 222 481
Business hours: Mo - Fr 09.00 – 12.00
Honorary Consulate of the Kingdom of Thailand, Salzburg
Address: Koch-Sternfeld-Gasse 7, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 (0)662840020-0
Fax: +43 (0)662-840020-1
Business hours: Mo - Fr 09.00 – 12.00
Honorary Consulate of the Kingdom of Thailand, Innsbruck
Address: Kaiserjagerstrasse 30, 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 (0) 512 / 58015860
Business hours: Mo - Fr 09.00 – 12.00



Thai Visa Application


Consular Section: Mon. – Fri. 09.00-12.00 hrs. *By appointment only*
For legalisation appointment, visit

Answering Inquiries via telephone: Mon. – Fri. 14.00-17.00 hrs.
Tel: +43 (0) 1 4783335 19 / +43 (0) 1 4783335 21

E-mail: (for inquiries on entry to Thailand)
E-mail: (for other consular inquiries) 


E-VISA Application

All visa applications must be submitted online. In-person application and application by post are NOT accepted. For more information on E-Visa Application visit The Embassy may request for additional documents to be sent via





For those currently residing in Austria, Slovakia, or Slovenia, and looking to travel to Thailand exclusively for tourism purposes. Then a TR visa is available.

The Thai tourist visa is valid for 3 months after the date of issuance. Likewise it is necessary to enter Thailand within this 3-month timeframe. Additionally visitors are authorized to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 60 days. This starting from the date of entry. Moreover if desired, visitors may extend their stay for an additional 30 days, with a maximum stay of 90 days. This counting from the date of entry. Note that in the event that the TR Visa holder violates the entry conditions. Likewise by engaging in work-related activities, the stay permit will be revoked, and they will not be allowed to enter Thailand in the future.


Visa Process


When submitting a visa application. Please take care to select the appropriate TYPE OF PASSPORT. Do not choose “Official/Service Passport” if you are not a government officer. Choose “Ordinary Passport” instead.

Note that after submission, the visa application cannot be changed. If there are any errors in the application, such as incorrect spelling of names or passport numbers. Then the application will be refused. Applicants will be required to reapply and pay again. There are no refunds possible. Before submitting and paying for their applications. Note again that applicants must ensure that all of their information is correct.

Additional service fees for online payment may be charged by your debit/credit card providers. Likewise contact your card providers for more information. Additionally the Royal Thai Embassy takes no responsibility for any additional fees charged to applicants for their online payment. See also the Visa on arrival in Thailand on here.

Visit to apply for a TR Visa.


Creating an Account


Firstly create an account and receive a verification link via email. Secondly the account can be used to apply for an e-Visa for yourself and your family. Thirdly this with up to 10 applications at a time. Finally the account can also be used for future visa applications.

Uploading your documents 

Moreover to apply for a new visa, verify your eligibility and choose your visa category. Upload your passport’s biodata page and a photo taken within the last 6 months (in JPG or .JPEG format, not exceeding 3 MB). Likewise enter personal information, travel document details, address, and employment information. Enter travel information, upload supporting documents, and sign the declaration form (download HERE). Provide evidence of your financial status, such as bank statements, proof of earnings, and sponsorship letters (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family – for a single entry). Also, provide evidence of legal residence in the country where you are applying for the visa if you are not a national of that country. For the past 12 months, the applicant must upload passport pages containing all travel records since the last international trip.

Likewise the applicant must apply for an e-Visa via a specific Embassy/Consulate that corresponds to their consular jurisdiction and residency. Additionally the applicant must upload documentation that can verify their current residency.

Please upload your photo holding the photo and information page of your passport.

Pay the online application fee: 35 Euros (single entry, non-refundable).

Additionally check the status of your application by logging into your account. You may also withdraw your application. Once approved, the e-Visa will be sent to you via email. You may also download your e-Visa through your online account.


Visa Declaration 



Apply for a Thai Passport


To apply for a passport at the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna, you can make an appointment online by clicking the “Book an appointment” button using Setmore. However, keep in mind that you can only make an appointment no more than two months in advance. It’s important to select the correct type of service when making the appointment, as you won’t be able to change it on the day of your appointment.

If you choose the wrong service, you will need to make a new appointment. It’s essential to note that the embassy only accepts passport applications from Monday to Friday (except public holidays) between 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, and only for those who make an appointment in advance. To avoid being denied the request and coming back to the embassy, please select an appointment to receive the service according to the type.


Booking an Appointment


After booking your appointment, you should print the confirmation slip or save the file/take a picture of the confirmation in your mobile phone. This confirmation should be presented to the staff on the appointed date and time. If you need to make an ID card on the same day, please make a separate appointment for card issuance after booking an appointment for passport application. The passport issuance queue is longer than the card issuance queue, and the passport issuance time is about 15-30 minutes.

In case you encounter any issues while making an appointment online, you can contact the embassy through email or phone. Their email is, and you can call them at +43 (0) 1 4783335 19 / +43 (0) 1 4783335 21, from Monday to Friday between 2.00-5.00 p.m.


Make a Booking

Completed passport application form

Letter confirming the correctness of information 


Download passport application form (Thai version)  Click Here

Download passport application form (German versionClick Here

Likewise download the form of the letter confirming the accuracy of the information used to support the request,  click here.


Documents Needed


To apply for a passport, you will need to provide several documents and pay a fee. First, you must complete the passport application form and sign it. You can download the form by clicking here.

Next, you will need to download a letter confirming the correctness of the pre-filled information, but you do not need to sign it. You can download the confirmation letter by clicking here.

In addition to the application and confirmation letter, you will need to provide a valid ID card and one copy. If you don’t have an ID card, you can use a copy of your Thai birth certificate. However, this is only acceptable if it’s your first time applying for a passport or your card has expired. In this case, you will need to make an appointment for a new card as per item 6 below.

You will also need to bring your expired or about-to-expire original passport along with one copy received from the official Austria/Slovakia/Slovenia instead. If there has been a change in your name-surname, you will need to provide evidence of this. A copy of your Thai house registration and a copy of your residence certificate in Austria/Slovakia/Slovenia that shows your current address will also be required. If applicable, provide a copy of your marriage certificate/copy of divorce certificate/copy of death certificate of spouse.

Final Issues

Lastly, you will need to pay the fee, which is 35 euros for passports up to 5 years old and 50 euros for passports up to 10 years old. You will also need to pay postage costs of 6 euros for Austria or 10 euros for Slovakia and Slovenia. Please note that cash payment is the only accepted form of payment.



Marriage Registration


Thai nationals residing abroad and intending to marry according to Thai law. Likewise they can submit applications for marriage registration at Thai embassies/consulates abroad. To qualify, both male and female petitioners must be Thai nationals. This or one of them must be a Thai national while the other is a foreigner. Additionally, both petitioners must come in person to register their marriage with the registrar and bring two witnesses.

They must also meet the conditions of the law, as stated in the Civil and Commercial Code Book 5. This which includes being at least 17 years old. Additionally not being a person of unsound mind or a person adjudged incompetent. Likewise not being direct blood relatives, and not being married to another person.

A woman whose husband has died or whose marriage has been terminated will only be able to remarry after a period of at least 310 days has passed, unless certain conditions are met, such as childbirth during that time. Additionally, if minors wish to marry, they must obtain consent from a parent or authorized person. Likewise if there is no authorized person to give consent or they do not give consent, minors may apply to the court for permission to marry. See also the US Letter of Affirmation as an example.


Supporting documents


To apply for marriage registration, the following documents are required:

  1. National ID card
  2. Valid passport
  3. Original certificate of celibacy issued not more than 6 months prior to the application date. If the petitioner was previously married or divorced, a certificate of celibacy after divorce is required. In case of a spouse’s death, a certificate of celibacy stating that the petitioner has not remarried is necessary.
  4. Thai house registration and Meldebestätigung from Austria, Slovakia, or Slovenia.
  5. Divorce registration in case one or both parties have been married before and already divorced.
  6. If the woman has been divorced for less than 310 days at the time of application, a medical certificate indicating that she is not pregnant must be presented. However, if registering with a former spouse, such a certificate is not required.
  7. A copy of the death certificate of the spouse is necessary in case of the spouse’s death.
  8. In case of a name change and/or last name, appropriate documents should be provided.
  9. Additional documents may be required depending on the case by the officer.


Additionally registered Thai women can use the prefix “Mrs.” or “Miss” as voluntarily. by informing the Registrar according to law (In foreign countries, it is a consular officer). Likewise this is in accordance with the Female Title Act B.E. Effective, the Registrar will make an additional note on the records page of the marriage certificate stating that Women would like to use the title “Mrs.” or “Ms. See also the Royal Thai Embassy in Peru as well as the Thai Consulate in Chengdu.



Thai Birth Notification


In cases where the embassy or consulate of Thailand is situated in the area where the child is born, parents or designated persons with a power of attorney can report the birth to the officer of the embassy or consulate of Thailand who is the civil registrar abroad. Once the consular officer receives the birth notification, proof of birth registration or birth certificate will be issued as evidence when the child returns to Thailand. In this case, the father or mother should bring the birth certificate issued by the consular officer with the child’s passport with an entry stamp to contact the registrar at the district or municipality where the child’s father or mother is listed in the household registration or domicile to request to add the child’s name to the household registration.

Notification Process 

For Thai people who travel to live abroad illegally to give birth, they can also report the birth of their child at the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in that country. However, if the locality where the child is born does not have a Thai embassy or consulate, the child’s parents can declare the birth according to the laws of the country where the child was born without notifying the staff of the embassy or consulate of Thailand in that country. When the child travels back to Thailand (by the passport of the country where the child was born), the father or mother must bring the proof of birth of the child issued under foreign law to be translated into Thai and have the Nationality and Legal Affairs Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs certify the translation.

The birth that has been translated into Thai and has been certified translation can then be used to contact the registrar at the district or municipality where the child’s father or mother is named in the household registration or domiciled to request to add the child’s name to the household registration. However, to prevent this potential inconvenience, it is recommended that parents come and register their births at the embassy to obtain a Thai birth certificate and Thai passport if possible.

The law does not set a birth notification period for those born overseas, and parents can report the birth of their child as appropriate without breaking the law. The person responsible for birth should apply for a birth certificate in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna and make an appointment in advance. For inquiries, they can call +431 478 3335 19 between 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM on business days.


Documents Needed


To register a child’s birth and obtain a birth certificate, several documents are required. Firstly, a birth certificate from the local authority in Austria, Slovenia, or Slovakia is needed. In addition, if the parents are married, their marriage certificate must be provided. However, if the parents are unmarried, a certificate of paternity for the child must be submitted, which needs to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Austria, Slovenia, or Slovakia.

Furthermore, valid Thai identity cards and passports of the parents are required. The parents must also provide a copy of their Thai house registration and a copy of their house registration in the country of residence. A consent letter from either the father or mother granting the child Thai nationality is also necessary.

Additionally, a completed birth registration form available at the Embassy, a name or surname change certificate (if applicable), and a legalization petition for birth certificate registration should be submitted. Moreover, two photographs of the child size 4 x 6 cm are required.

It’s important to note that if the child was born out of wedlock, a certified child certificate must be obtained from 3 Austrian authorities. Finally, the officer may request additional documents, depending on the case. See also the Register Birth Abroad on here.


Birth Notification





Incoming search terms: