Note that there is a temporary Thai Consulate in Savannakhet in Laos. The Consulate is popular with expats in Thailand to obtain a Thai visa as the embassy is not as crowded as the Thai Embassy in KL.
The contact details and a map has been added for the Consulate. This as well as their times and contact details such as their address, email, telephone numbers and fax numbers in Laos which have been listed below. If you have any questions then you can ask them about your Thai visa..
Thai Consulate in Savannakhet
|Thai Consulate Savannakhet|
|Street Address:||No.9 Road Ban Huameuang N, Kaysone Phomvihane City, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR|
|Fax:||(856-41) 212 370|
|Business hours:||Office Hours: 8.30 – 16.30 hours Monday – Friday (except Thai & Lao Official Holidays)|
Visa Application: 09.00 – 11.00 hours Monday – Friday (except Thai & Lao Holidays)
Visa Collection Hours: 14.00 – 16.00 hours on the next working day
Thai Tourist Visa
- Complete the Thai visa application form [Download];
- Your original and a copy of passport;
- Also two (2) photos of yourself (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within the last 6 months)
- Your Thai visa fee: single entry tourist visa (1,000 Baht) or Thai tourist visa multiple entries (5,000 Baht)
- Evidence of travel to and from Thailand (confirmed air ticket paid in full);
- Also your need a bank statement of at least 3 months (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
You passport should be valid for at least 180 days and contain a least two empty passport pages. The tourist visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a period of 60 days. Then you can extend this for an additional 30 days at Thai immigration in Thailand. the fee for this is 1,900THB for the extension. The Thai Consulate does not guarantee you the visa or for that matter a multiple entry visa. There are no refunds if you are denied the visa of your choice or a visa at all.
Non – Immigrant Visa “B” (Teaching in Thailand)
- Completed Thai “B” Visa application form [Download];
- Your original and a copy of passport;
- You also need two (2) photos of the applicant; (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within the past 6 months)
- Your original letter from company or school in Thailand to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet;
- The original letter of approval from relevant Thai government agencies; (Department of Education)
- Also a copy of company or school director’s civil servant card; (for a Thai public school)
- Copy of your employment contract and Thai work permit; (if you have one)
- Copy of company or school registration documents in Thailand (for private school or business)
- Also a copy of company or school directors authorization (for private school or business)
- Also an original letter of acceptance from school, university or company in Thailand;
- You might also need a copy of your educational certificate(s). (If teaching)
The passport has to have at least 180 days validity for the visa and at least two empty pages. This is mainly for teachers however with companies it would be the same. Most of these documents are not needed when you are not going to be teaching in Thailand.
Non – Immigrant Visa “B” (Business Non Teaching)
There would be other documents needed as well as the Thai ID card of the director or passport copy if it is a foreigner. The following bundle is normally also required.
- List of shareholders in the company;
- Business registration and business license of the business;
- Brief company profile;
- Details of business operations
- List of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions
- Also a map indicating the location of the company
- Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8)
- Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20)
These would be the documents that companies would need for this. Most businesses in Thailand who have hired foreigners before will know what is needed. They can also apply for a work permit for you if you hold an extended marriage visa for Thailand without the need to leave the country for a new visa.
Non – Immigrant Visa “O” (Thai Spouse Visa)
- Completed visa application form [Download];
- Your original as well as a copy of your passport; (must not expire within 180 days and have at least two empty pages)
- Also two (2) photos of yourself; (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken in the last 6 months)
- The original as well as a signed copy of your Thai marriage certificate (both versions).
- Also a signed copy of your spouses Thai identification card;
- A signed copy of the passport of your spouse;
- Also a signed copy of her Thai House registration or Tabian Baan.
- Sometimes they will not issue the visa unless you show them 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account.
You will need to have all these documents completed. With the marriage visa, most Embassies and Consulates will want a copy of your Thai bank book to show that you have 400,000 THB in your bank account. Many Embassies and Consulates do at times deny you the marriage visa without this. In turn they will issue you will a tourist visa, that you will then need to convert at Thai immigration in Thailand to a marriage visa. This takes about 4 weeks to complete so do the conversion early.
Incoming search terms:
- thai consulate savannakhet
- royal thai consulate savannakhet
- thai embassy savannakhet visa application form
- savannakhet thai consulate
- thai embassy in laos savannakhet
- sahvenakette thai embassy lao
- apply thai visa in savannakhet laos
- thailand embassy savannaket
- thai embassy savannakhet laos
- thai consulate savannakhet laos
- Royal Thai Consulate-General Savannakhet visa form
- thai embassy savanakhet
- royal thai embassy savannakhet