Thai Consulate in Vancouver

Thai EmbassyNote that this is the Thai Consulate in Vancouver Canada and you can apply for a visa with the Consulate. You can apply for a tourist visa or a retirement visa if you are over 50 and can meet the requirements. You can also apply for a Thai “O” Visa if you are married to a Thai national. There is also an Educational Visa for Thailand if you wish to study in Thailand.

Note that there is a Thai Embassy in Ottawa if you are close to them than Vancouver. You can also register a marriage at the Consulate as well as register a birth and apply for a new Thai passport or Thai national ID card. Your wife can also apply for a Thai birth certificate as well as a Thai death certificate at the Consulate. Note that the Consulate in Vancouver had moved over the past 3 years so the new address has been listed at the bottom with a map and contact details of the Consulate.

Thai Consulate in Vancouver

Thai Consulate in Vancouver

Thai Consulate in Vancouver
Street Address:1040 Burrard Street Vancouver, BC Canada V6Z 2R9
Telephone: 604-687-1143
Fax:604-687-4434 (General) (Visa)
Business hours:Monday – Friday (except official holidays)
10.00 – 12.30 hrs. and 13.30 – 16.00 hrs.

Thai Consulate in Vancouver


Thai Tourist Visa “TR” 

You can apply for a tourist visa for Thailand at the Thai Consulate in Vancouver. You will need to apply online on the new Thai government portal at where all the information can be added as well as uploaded the needed documents. Below is what will be needed for your Thai tourist visa application.

  • You need One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken in the last 6 months.
  • The photo must have a light color background and a full face;
  • Also a copy of your Passport (must have more than 6 months validity) (JPEG format)
  • Add a copy of your flight ticket showing your flight from Vancouver to Thailand;
  • Also a  copy of your recent bank statement (showing 20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family);
  • If it is a family bank account then you will also need to show family relationship to the account;
  • Proof of accomodation in Thailand.

On the bank statement you will need to show your name on the account. If the account is not in your name then a family relationship needs to be shown like a birth certificate or marriage certificate. If you can show your flight tickets showing that you are going to Thailand more than once, you can then apply for a multiple entry Thai tourist visa. The visa is for 60 days and you can extend this for an additional 30 days at Thai immigration in Thailand at the fee of 1,900 THB.



Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai Marriage Visa)


The Thai marriage visa can be applied for online just as the tourist visa above. You will need to have the correct documents to enter Thailand with the marriage visa. This visa is for 90 days and you will need to extend this in Thailand to a one year visa or 12 months visa. You will need the following documents:

  • You need One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken in the last 6 months;
  • A copy of your Passport (must not expire within the next 6 months);
  • Also show proof financial requirements;
  • (monthly income of 40,000 Baht (last two months) or Bank balance showing at least 400,000 Baht.)
  • Show a signed copy of your marriage certificate;
  • Signed copy of your Thai spouses ID card or passport;
  • Signed copy of your Thai wifes Tabian Baan;
  • Also show health insurance coverage for one year*

The health insurance coverage is new as it requires coverage for your stay in Thailand with in-patient coverage of 400,000 THB in a year as well as COVID coverage of no less than 100,000 USD for your period of stay. This will no doubt change in the year ahead but this is the current February 2022 rule when writing this.



Non-Immigrant O-A Visa (Retirement)


If you are going to retire in Thailand then the O-A visa is what you will need. You will need to be at least 50 years old on the day of application. You should also meet the financial requirements of the visa. The retirement visa can be apply for online. You will note that this is a 3 month visa and you will need to extend this to a 12 month visa at thai immigration once in Thailand. You will need the following:

  • You need One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken in the last 6 months;
  • Copy of your passport; (JPEG format)
  • Letter from the bank showing 800,000 THB in your bank or income of 65,000THB per month
  • Proof of accomodation in Thailand;
  • Health coverage showing at least 400,000 Thai Baht for the year;
  • COVID coverage related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD,

The COVID coverage might get dropped later, but these are the current rules as at February 2022. Note that like the extended marriage visa your landlord will need to inform immigration that you stay there. Also you will need to report your address every 90 days while in Thailand.



You can now complete your Thai marriage registration at the Thai Consulate in Vancouver. You will need to make an appointment to have this done. There is no cost at the Consulate for this. The Consulate will tell you when to come to the Consulate for the process. These need to be done:

  • Complete the application form;
  • Bring your passport for marriage registration with a certified photocopy; (not expired)
  • Copy of your Thai ID card; (not expired)
  • Copy of house registration or Tabian Baan;
  • Divorce registration certificate (If you have registered your marriage before)
  • Letter of no-impediment for the Canadian;

This is how you register your marriage for Thailand at the Thai Consulate in Vancouver. Email the Consulate or call them to start the process and collect all your documents.



Apply for Thai Passport in Vancouver


In order to apply for a Thai passport in Vancouver you have to be a Canadian resident. You will need to contact them during the week and also email them as follows –

  • Call them at : 604-687-1143
  • Email :
  • “Make an appointment to make a passport ** Your Name **”

Put your name and passport request into the subject line of the email. It makes it easier for them to find your request later.

  • Complete the passport request form at the Consulate;
  • Your original Thai identity card; (valid one not expired) If expired apply for one the same day as the passport
  • Your current Thai passport, original copy with a copy and certified true copy
  • The fees which is 65 CAD (5 years expiry) or 90 CAD (10 years expiry);
  • Name change certificate if you changed your name before;
  • If you lost your passport, you need a police report to show that it has been reported as stolen.

This is how to replace or renew your Thai passport in Vancouver Canada.




Incoming search terms: