These are the details of the Thai Consulate in Karachi. If you live in the Karachi area of Pakistan then you can apply for a Thai visa at this Consulate. Note that there is also a Thai Embassy in Islamabad in Pakistan. You can apply for a tourist visa or Thai marriage visa if you are married to a Thai national. The contact details for the Thai Consulate in Karachi has been listed below with their contact details such as a map, telephone numbers and also their email address.
Thai Consulate in Karachi
Note the visa submission times as well as the visa collection times at the Consulate in Karachi. If you are working in Pakistan as a Thai national then you can also register a birth at the Consulate as well as register a local marriage while in the country.
|Thai Consulate in Karachi|
|Street Address:||151, Main Khayaban -e- Hafiz, Phase-VI, Defence Housing Authority, Karachi, Pakistan|
|Telephone:||(92-21) 3585 5405 - 6 (Visa Section #102)|
|Fax:||(92-21) 3585 5404|
|Business hours:||Visa Submission 8.30 - 10.30|
Visa Delivery 11.00 - 12.00
If you are in Karachi and wish to visit Thailand, you can now apply for a tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Karachi. There is a process for the visa application and you can see below what is required from the Consulate if you wish to visit Thailand. Firstly you will need to ensure that your Pakistani passport has at least 6 months left in it validity. You will need the following:
Tourist Visa Requirements:
- Passport with validity no less than 6 months;
- Any previous passports you have had;
- 2 X completed visa application forms;
- 2 X recent (4 x 6 cm.) photographs of you the applicant;
- Your covering letter with your name, passport number, purpose of visit, date of travel, and other information;
- Letter from your employer with a no objection to your travel; (Not government or international organizations)
- If it is a family then certified government documents to show the relationships such as marriage and birth certificates;
- Copy of your CNIC card;
- Also a copy of your passport (only for the page with information of passport holder and signature);
- Copy of your passport, for the page with the visa;
- Show a confirmed and non-refundable air ticket showing all destinations;
- Also show the documents relating to your accommodation;
- Your original bank statement covering at least half year;
- Also a certified covering letter from the bank. (Rs. 200,000 per person);
- Then again documents showing the trust worthy of the applicant;
- Finally all other relevant supporting documents.
As you can see that obtaining a Thai visa in Pakistan can be very difficult. The are many rules and regulations when you wish to visit Thailand even as a family. Many have done this process before and the staff at the Consulate in Karachi are very helpful by all accounts. You can also see the Thai Embassy in Islamabad for additional information.
Visa Fee (Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)
– Rs. 8,000 – Single Entry
– Rs. 35,000 – Multiple Entry
Validity of a Visa
– Single Entry – The validity of the visa is 3 months.
– Multiple Entry – The validity of the visa is 6 months.
Period of Stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa (both Single/Multiple Entry) will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
Non immigrant Visa
There are a number of non-immigrant visas for Thailand. These can range from receiving medical treatment as well as those who are married to a Thai national as well as those who are moving with their husband or wife who works in Thailand as an expat Pakistani. The application forms are the same however their documents needed are very differently.
Non immigrant Visa Requirements:
[These are the same as for the tourist visa for Thailand]
Thai Spouse Visa or Thai Accompanying Family Member
- Invitation letter from your Thai spouse or foreigner worker in Thailand;
- Show the inviter’s name, Thai national ID number, purpose of inviting, contact information;
- Also a copy of Thai national’s ID card or the foreign worker’s ID card and passport;
- Also certified official documents showing relationship of the Thai national or foreign worker and the applicant;
- Copy of household registration (Tabian Baan) or accommodation of the foreign worker;
- Likewise a copy of bank statement of the Thai national or foreign worker;
- Additionally a letter from the organization own by/employing the Thai national/ foreign worker
Medical Visa (usually 2 months)
- Likewise a medical condition and treatment record from a local hospital;
- Invitation letter from a hospital in Thailand, mentioning: name and passport number, the purpose of visit.
These are the three most common applications outside of the tourist visa for Thailand. The Thai Consulate in Karachi might have more requests for more information. This is the very basic overview of the issues when obtaining a visa for Thailand.
Visa Fee (Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)
– Rs. 15,000 for Single Entry
Validity of Visa
Single-entry visas are valid for 90 days.
Period of Stay
The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
Requesting a new Thai passport
If you live in Pakistan as a Thai and you need a new passport then you can apply for an electronic passport. You will need to make an appointment with the Consulate and then apply for the new passport. You will need to have your:
- Current Passport
- Thai ID Card
Likewise they will take the photos and fingerprint electronically at the Consulate. They will tell you when you passport will be available. If it is urgent then they Consulate can issue you with an emergency travel document. Speak to the Consulate for more information in this regard. If you lost your passport then you must report this to the police. It then has to be translated and certified. This can be done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece or Malta. You will need some form of identification such as a copy of the lost passport, your Thai ID card or your house registration book.
Lost Thai Passport
In case your passport is lost, it is essential to report it to the local police. Furthermore, you need to bring the police report to the consular section of the embassy in person. Besides if the report is in the local language, it must be translated into English and stamped to certify the translation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece or Malta.
Besides, when applying for a new passport, you must submit evidence other than the police report, including a copy of the lost passport, ID card, house registration, and marriage certificate (if applicable). However, the embassy staff has the discretion to issue a new passport or a document that will be used to travel back to Thailand only (Certificate of Identity). They may also request additional documents not specified in the guide to consider issuing a passport or travel document (CI) to you. See also the Thai Embassy in Portugal and Thai Embassy in Beijing as well on here.
Temporary Travel Document
If you have lost or your passport has expired and you need to travel back to Thailand urgently, you can request a temporary travel document, which is a Certificate of Identity (CI). To obtain this document, you need to show up in person at the embassy and follow the following procedures:
Firstly, you need to obtain a police report (Lost Property Report) in case of a lost passport. Additionally, you need to provide your current passport and three color photographs, size 4 x 6 cm or passport size, straight face, without a hat or dark glasses, taken within the last 6 months and signed. You also need to provide your ID card, birth certificate, or certificate of place of birth, as well as a copy of your house registration.
If you are a minor underage (20 years old), your parents must provide their consent and present their documents (Copy of passport/ID card/copy of house registration). In case of loss of ID card, bring any other evidence that includes a photograph showing the person’s identity and issued by government agencies instead. Lastly, you need to bring your flight tickets.
It is important to note that there is no fee for the embassy in issuing temporary travel documents. However, these documents are only valid for 1 month and cannot be used to travel to third countries. They are only issued in lieu of a passport on the way back to Thailand and cannot be used in lieu of a passport. Therefore, you will need to apply for a new passport after returning to Thailand.
Thai ID card
Incoming search terms:
- thai consulate karachi
- thailand consulate karachi
- consulate deatil in karachi
- royal thai consulate karachi
- thailand consulte in karachi
- Thai embassies middle east
- thailand consulate in karachi
- thai embassy karachi
- ADS OF THAI EMBASSY KARACHI
- consulate in karachi
- thailand visa application form karachi
- karachi 0345 mail
- royal thai embassy in karachi pakistan
- Thai consuate Karachi