Note that this is the Thai Consulate Ho Chi Minh as the Thai Embassy in Vietnam is located in Hanoi. If you wish to obtain a Thai visa while in Vietnam then you can call of email the Consulate for assistance. Firstly they can also assist you if you are getting married in Vietnam or you wish to register your marriage in Vietnam. Finally the contact details for the Consulate has been listed below. You can also see the Google map to the Consulate as well as their office hours.
Thai Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
|Thai Consulate in Ho Chi Minh|
|Street Address:||Ho Chi Minh City 77 Tran Quoc Thao Street, District 3,Ho Chi Minh City|
|Telephone:||Tel. (028) 3932-7637 Press 0|
|Fax:||Fax (028) 3932-6002|
|Business hours:||Monday-Friday 08:30-12:00 and 13.30-17:00|
|Consular hours:||Monday-Friday 08:30-11:30 and 13.30-15:00|
If you are going to retire in thailand you will need to ensure that you have all the correct documents. There is no direction on their website. The marriage visa for Thailand is however explained. You can also see the page for the Thai Embassy in Vietnam as well. You can also see the consular hours when the office is open to the public.
Thai Marriage Visa
These are the basics that you will need to know.
This visa is if you have a Thai spouse or you have Thai Family members in Thailand such as a child.
- Your passport with validity of at least 6 months;
- Completed visa application form;
- Your recent 4 x 6 cm which goes onto the application form;
- The signed copy of your Thai marriage certificate – both versions;
- A signed letter from your Thai spouse in English or Thai;
- If you have a foreign marriage certificate it must be translated into English and notarized;
- If it is a Vietnamese marriage certificate you will need a certified version which has been legalized by the Department of External Relation in Ho chi Minh City. This is located at 6 Alexandre De Rhodes, Quận 1, TP.HCM;
- Also a signed copy of Thai spouse’s ID card;
- Also a signed copy of her house registration book (Tabien Baan);
- Finally also a signed copy of Thai child’s birth certificate with their passport or ID Card (If any);
- You updated Thai bank book showing the minimum of 400,000 THB;
These might change ahead, but as at February 2022 there is the following requirements:
- Health insurance which includes Covid coverage valued at at least USD 50,000.
- The duration must cover the length of your visa validity.
- The copy of your COVID-19 vaccine certificate (fully vaccinated) or COVID-19 (Rapid Antigen) Negative within 24 hours.
Additional requirements for some certain countries:
Unless you have a Vietnamese residency card if you are from the following countries, you cannot apply at the Thai Consulate Ho Chi Minh for a visa. They will only issue a Thai visa for people from the following countries – IF they have a Vetinames residency card. Otherwise they will need to apply for their home country.
Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):
Single entry 80 USD
Multiples entry 200 USD
Two working days
Working hours: 9.30- 11.30 and 13.30- 15.00
By appointment only at (Click)
Validity of a Visa:
The validity of a Visa is 3 months
Contact numbers for Thai citizens (In case of emergency only) 036-6332071